Thursday, May 8, 2008

Some things are not for everyone!

I was so excited to see one of Hayden's favorite books presented as a play here in Jax. So we made plans to go and see "If you give a mouse a cookie" today. I told Hayden we were going to a play. He seemed excited. We got there and it was general admission. They sat us in the third row. Wow, how excited was I? The play was a few minutes late getting started. Hayden looked at the balcony and said to me. "Mom, is that where the playground is? Is that where I can play?" I knew I was in trouble. I explained that this kind of play was like watching a book. He made it thru most of the performance and then nature called. We were getting ready to leave the restroom and go back to our seats for the last 10 minutes of the show. Hayden looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, Can I go home and play basketball now? Off we went to our house to play basketball. Some things we like and others we don't.

Note to self: Sports is Hayden's thing!! Take it easy the rest will come.

4 comments:

nancy said...

What a great idea. How do you find the time? Love your creativity.

Aunt Nancy

The Golfer and the Gardener said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!!!!! So excited you have a blog!

Ron said...

Great idea. should be some interesting reading at times. keep up the good work kid

DAD

Unknown said...

I'm with Aunt Nancy, what a great way to keep the family up to date on daily life!! It will be fun to read!
Love, Mimi